Tuesday 14 May 2013

Scrumptious & Sumptuous Stash!

 The latest addition to my yarn stash is this beautiful silk mohair called Haiku;

40% silk 60% mohair mix is hand dyed by Alchemy Yarns of Transformation.

I just love the way the silk picks up the vivid colours which glisten when caught in the sunlight.
Many mohair fibres can be scratchy and itchy against the skin, but Haiku's mohair is delicate and the softest of the soft of any mohair that I have ever felt.

And what am I going to do with it? At the moment, I just want to admire it and caress it and enjoy the beautiful colours just as they are! It is a welcome comfort to play with ideas for different colour combinations and crochet possibilities.

I've been a bit "blogged out" after the flurry of posts for Knit & Crochet Blog week, and need time to catch my breath.  It's not that there isn't anything to blog about - quite the contrary - where to start. There are so many things to share and write about (eventually).

The past fortnight has been extremely busy with extra demands from many sides, including a flare up of MCTD symptoms. It's a bit like the chicken and the egg - too much activity can trigger a flare, but then my condition does relapse without notice, which will in itself cause stress when it interferes with my planned activities.  The result is the same - no time and energy for blogging and too much fatigue to think or even see straight, let alone put my thoughts into print.

Slowly, as the fatigue fog lifts and the aches subside, I can reach for the hook again.

The current challenge is to finish a bunch of projects which are currently on the go.  A lot of them are gifts so it wouldn't be nice to blog about them before the recipients receive them. I am yearning to get them finished so I can share them here.

Usually I will have one or two works in progress and not start a new one until the first ones are done. This year, I've had a lot on at once and it feels like they are all taking forever to complete, yet it looks like I am going to get three or four things to completion within a week of each other.

That will be nice: A clean slate; a fresh start; to pay full attention to the silk mohair. The delivery of this beautiful fibre blend has rejuvenated and re-inspired me. I'm eager to get swatching; to try out new ideas and designs.

So if you are looking for inspiration, why not visit your local yarn supplier, or order something special that you don't usually use. This Haiku was calling to me and I cannot resist any longer...

Happy hooking!


Haiku colours are named thus:

Montreat Path

Rain Forest

Secret Agent Blue

Resolution

Charm School

Red Run

Air & Fire






No comments:

Post a Comment