Sunday 14 August 2016

Quick August Update

August is turning out to be a busy month.

Fatigue is more than a nuisance and I'm falling behind on activities in both work and play.


There is always plenty to share on Lupey Loops but I'm struggling to find computer time, when concentration hasn't been destroyed by fatigue, to get the blog entries and photos organised.  I am working on them, I promise!  

The main focus has been on health matters. I'm getting to exra hydro- and physiotherapy sessons but needing more recovery time in the week too. While making time to rest, I've been watching the Olympic Games while working on a crocheted cowl for the Ravellenic Games.

For now, I am posting progress photos on Instagram because it is quick and easy but there will be more details posted on Lupey Loops when the cowl is finished.

All of my crafty, blogging friends are on my mind and I look forward to being able to have a proper visit to everyone's blogs when circumstances are more favourable. 

Lately, I've been struggling with drowsiness caused by medication (on top of the regular fatigue of autoimmune disease). Often succumbing to a nap is more effective than trying to push through which takes a lot of effort and the results aren't always worth it.

The fatigue curtains are coming down as I type–the signal to sign off for now. 



Warm wishes and happy crochet days!




… zzz …
(dreams crochet)

Links


Instagram (jodiebodiecrochets): https://www.instagram.com/jodiebodiecrochets/

Lupey Loops, "The Ravellenic Games 2016", 14 July 2016: http://lupeyloops.blogspot.com.au/2016/07/the-ravellenic-games-2016.html 

Ravelry (Jodiebodie): http://www.ravelry.com/projects/Jodiebodie/braided-hairpin-lace-infinity-scarf

10 comments:

  1. Don't worry about your blog. I understand and there is nothing like it. Listen to your body and hopefully your body will take the time and heal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Susan, for your support and understanding. It is lovely to see your name in the comments today as it has been a little while. I hope you are happy and well. :-)

      Delete
  2. Take care of yourself. Your blog will still be there when you feel well enough.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lorraine,
      Yes, you are right that the blog will still be here and it is reassuring to know that you will still be here too. Thank you! :-)

      Delete
  3. Best wishes. And now the weather's warming up - season's changes not always nice for me, luckily in a better climate now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Stel for your kind wishes. Thank you also for reminding me about the coming change of season and that is often a time for illness flare ups. The body doesn't adjust as well as it used to and I should have been aware and ready but didn't even think of it until you mentioned it. Right on time, the weather has changed. It has been very wintery during the past few weeks but today looks like spring! Sunny and very windy with a warm wind. All the dust and pollens are bound to be coming along with it because I am itching. Welcome spring today!
      I'm glad you are in a climate that helps you manage your wellbeing. It makes a lot of difference. Take care and hugs for spring! xx

      Delete
  4. Hi Jodie, don't worry about the blog and save your energy! Hugs! I had a bit of bad fatigue over the last months but it is getting better now. I wonder if the looming spring (= warmer temperatures) are to be credited for your fatigue atm?
    Take care
    Anne
    Crochet Between Worlds

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. G'day Anne! I have taken your advice and have been taking it easy. I'm glad your fatigue is settling now.

      I do believe the change of seasons affects autoimmune illness. Anecdotal evidence and personal experience back that up. It makes sense to me. At the moment there are lots of colds and bugs going around and these bugs can proliferate under the right conditions. I imagine a change of season with the variable conditions would help many bugs and in turn, challenge our immune systems more than usual.

      Regarding the current fatigue, it is likely a combination:
      too much activity catching up with me, the change of season and
      maybe the treatment from last year is running out as I have been feeling flat recently.

      Do you know the cause of your fatigue, Anne? Sometimes it has no pattern at all which is so frustrating. It is great that you are progressing well now. Cheers! xx

      Delete
    2. I wish I knew what sets the fatigue into force! I kind of think it's related to a) warmth b) stress and c) too many impressions. Can't be sure though... If I knew I would try to avoid things which cause the fatigue but...

      Delete
    3. Would I be right in thinking you had an extra warm summer this year? That would make sense to me that the warmth would affect fatigue levels. I don't cope with the heat of summer anymore. My body doesn't adjust well. If I want to get any big jobs done like spring cleaning etc. I need to organise it for the cooler months because summer heat and air conditioning are killers.

      Delete