Sunday 10 December 2017

An Awesome Craft Bag!

Front of Bag
Lift the flap to access the
large outside pocket.

I've been so busy with petitions and parades that there has barely been any time for blogging so today I will keep it short and sweet (yeah, yeah, you've heard that before), I promise!

Have a look at this awesome craft bag that a family member gave me for my birthday earlier this year.  If you are wondering what to get a crafty friend for Christmas, you could do a lot worse than this; after all, you can never have too many bags to store and tote your crochet projects.





 

Front of Bag
The large front pocket has zips on each side,
allowing it to fold out and reveal more
pockets and zip-up compartments.
The see-through plastic makes it easy to find things.
There is also a swatch of felt stitched into the lining
perfect for sewing needles.

 

Reverse Side of Bag
The reverse side has three smaller outside pockets.

 

Reverse Side of Bag
A closer look at the three outside pockets.
Each pocket is large enough for my hook wallet.


 

Inside Bag
The inside has three more pockets
similar in size to the three outside ones.
Each inside pocket can hold a large skein 8 ply or Aran yarn
perfect for colourwork with multiple strands.
The main compartment has ample space
for yarn and other supplies.
It is easy to fit multiple projects at once in this bag.



Inside-out!
The first thing I did was to turn the bag inside-out to wash it.
It looks so pretty, hanging on the line to dry next to
the sweet peas and lavender.
The colours perfectly match my garden and bedroom decor too.
I think it was meant to be!


This bag went into service immediately because it came
with a batch of Cleckheaton California yarn!

Seven skeins of Cleckheaton California
8 ply, 100% wool made in Turkey
100 g / 185 m  per skein
Colour: 5799 Volcano
Lot: 73114
Knit tension:
22 sts x 30 rows = 10 x 10 cm
with 4 mm / Size 8 UK / US 6 needles
by Australian Country Spinners





I feel very grateful to be such a lucky lady.  

 A very special
Thank You
to my
sweet relative!


Good luck with all of your crafty gift giving this season!

Related Posts on Lupey Loops


Access All Areas: Disability Pride Parade, 3 December 2017: https://lupeyloops.blogspot.com.au/2017/12/access-all-areas-disability-pride-parade.html

Access All Areas: Petition Power (Part 1), 24 November 2017: https://lupeyloops.blogspot.com.au/2017/11/access-all-areas-petition-power-part-1.html 

10 comments:

  1. Very nice! I hope I see the results as an item in September! (Well actually August for September.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cat.
      There are so many possibilities with this bag, I'm just loving it.
      With the California wool, I'm thinking I might make a vest or sleeveless cardi for layering in the cooler months.
      What do you look for in a craft bag? Do you have any style preferences or 'must-have' criteria when choosing one?

      Delete
  2. That is such a lovely, thoughtful present, I'm looking forward to seeing what you make with the gorgeous yarn. Hx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So am I, Helen! :-)
      There are so many ideas from which to choose! Do you have any suggestions? What would you make with 100% wool that is rated 8 ply but looks (and is described on Ravelry as) like an Aran or 10 ply. It is hard to get my mind into winter woolly planning when the temperature today is 36 degrees C (96.8 deg. F)

      Delete
  3. A great bag - so versatile and pretty. And yes, one can never have too many project bags that is for certain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The front pocket is perfectly sized for my A4 sized pattern sheets and they don't get crushed by the yarn etc. One of the larger pockets is handy for keeping loose hooks but then my hook wallet slides neatly into the outside pockets. The clear zip-pockets are perfect for buttons or stitch markers but I am most impressed with the felt insert for sewing needles. At the moment, all of my sewing needles are stored on a swatch of felt which is folded over and kept in my hook wallet. It will be nice to have them attached so I don't accidentally lose them or prick my fingers when I go fishing for things!

      Delete
  4. You are very lucky because that bag is perfect. Love the color and the storage. Of course that yarn is a total bonus. You deserve every wonderful that passes your way my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so sweet, Meredith. Yes, I am very lucky. In fact, I am a little overwhelmed which is why I haven't begun anything with the yarn yet but the bag has been a welcome additional storage solution. It allows me to put everything in one bag where it had been divided up across several smaller bags.

      Delete
  5. This really is a great bag, beautiful and practical. And yarn as well. Good for you. Happy Holidays, dear Jodie.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is such a useful bag that I cannot decide whether to use it for permanent storage at home or as a tote to take things with me. At the moment it is being used as storage of the new yarn and other WIPs but as soon as a new project is decided, the WIPs will get turfed out and the bag will become a tote again!

      Delete